Here at Miami Web Geeks, we know that a good Brochure is important to getting your name out there and showing new customers why they should be buying your product. But as you know, it’s hard to make sales when your brochure isn’t up to par.
To make effective brochures, you need to identify the purpose, know your audience and motivate your reader to actually look inside. To help you generate as many sales as you can, here are some guidelines to keep in mind when you go to make your next successful brochure.
Know the Purpose of Your Brochure
Your product, your market and your sales approach are the biggest factors dictating how you will design your brochure. That is why you have to determine how you are going to use it.
- A Leave Behind is a brochure that you quite simply leave behind after a meeting with a potential customer.
- A Point of Sale Brochure is the kind that you would find on a counter while waiting in the bank line.
- A Response to Inquiries brochure is probably the most direct and personal approach. When a potential customer asks a specific question, this is the kind of brochure that you would mail back to them about a specific product.
- Direct Mail. The name says it all. It is a brochure that you send in the mail.
- A Sales Support Tool is similar to the Leave Behind brochure but you use it to help present your sales pitch
You Need to Know How to Reach Your Customers
Don’t put a picture of your building anywhere on the brochure. You may be proud of your company and your big shiny building, but your customers couldn’t care less. So don’t waste valuable advertising space. You should do research and find out what your customers want and why they need your product. Don’t “tell” them about your company or product, “sell” it to them.
Get the Reader to Look Inside
The average person takes about five seconds to glance at the cover of a brochure and decide whether or not to read the rest. If the front doesn’t show them something that they are interested in, they won’t go any further. You need to show them on the first page why they want to continue reading. The rest of the brochure is what’s going to sell them the product.
Now that you have the basics on how to turn a good brochure into a great one, take a little time to find out how Web Geeks can help you with your brochure needs as well as any other Marketing Materials that you require. Web Geeks makes digital marketing fun, easy and profitable for you and your business. For any inquiries, Contact Us and we will quickly get back to you.